inquiry

relax... and read my meditation blog

Techniques for meditation

This week, for my learning on meditation, I searched the Web for some techniques that might be practical in this process. I came across ths link:

https://www.verywellmind.com/different-meditation-techniques-for-relaxation-3144696

Which focuses on the different types of meditation as well as some tips and tricks for staying present and calm. I would recommend checking this out if you are having trouble clearing your mind! ^^

This week, with the reading break approaching, I want to give myself some “self-care” time and put the focus on my health (both mental and physical). Even a simple switch in routine such as giving yourself an extra half-hour of sleep every night can benefit your mood and energy greatly! Meditation does not always have to just be sitting and emptying the mind of stressful thoughts, but it can also just be putting yourself first and making sure all your personal needs are met before moving on to the next thing. This reminded me of Maslow’s hierarchy of needs and how important this really is in everyday life.

I hope everyone has a great reading week and catches up on some self-care (as well as some homework!) 🙂